As 2019 comes to a close, we take a look back at the most significant company achievements throughout the year.
Interest on Digital Assets
We launched 2019 by offering interest on six digital assets pledged as collateral through our partner, Uphold, including three cryptocurrencies (BTC, XRP, ETH), two fiat currencies (USD & EURO), and even one commodity (Gold). Today, we are proud to offer interest on 30 digital assets and counting!
Cred established strategic partnerships with several industry leaders. Customers in over 183 countries can now earn interest on their collateral or secure a loan through any of our trusted partners:
- Bitcoin.com, the leading source for Bitcoin information with over 4 million Bitcoin wallets.
- TrueUSD is the creator of TrueUSD [TUSD], a stablecoin redeemable 1-for-1 for the U.S. dollar.
- BitBuy, one of Canada’s leading cryptocurrency trading platforms
- Binance DEX: Cred migrated a portion of LBA to Binance’s Decentralized Exchange.
Top Security and Cyber Insurance
At Cred, we care immensely about the vendors we work with to keep our customers safe. Our top priority is to ensure strong security, custody, and insurance solutions for our customers.
- In 2019, Cred added BitGo as a custody provider to help securely store digital assets.
- Cred also secured a California Finance Lender’s License. The State of California represents nearly half of all crypto funds in the United States and about 12% of global blockchain and cryptocurrency businesses.
- Cred chose Lockton, the world’s largest privately-owned, independent insurance brokerage firm to provide insurance coverage. Cred now has excellent insurance coverage, spanning errors and omissions (E&O), Cyber and Regulatory claim coverage.
- Cred introduced two-factor authentication for login, account changes & withdrawals in an effort to improve security on customers’ accounts.
Cred believes the most important investment a company can make is with its people. In 2019, we hired top talent from eBay, PayPal, Bryan Cave, and TRON. We brought on a top financial regulatory lawyer as General Counsel and a California mayor to lead our government relations initiatives and take on the next phase in our business development planning.
High Re-enrollment & Performance Across All Transactions
- This includes a 95% average re-enrollment rate in CredEarn. Our customers know that when holding for the long term its best to keep rolling over your assets to collect interest. Cred also redelivered 100% of assets to customers with zero defaults.
Blockchain Community Building
Cred’s mission is to offer a more equitable, transparent and inclusive set of financial services through blockchain technology. Community building is an important element of our business as we align with like-minded organizations, government officials, and individuals who equally strive to grow the blockchain community worldwide.
- Cred co-founded the Universal Protocol Alliance to create the practical use cases necessary to attract the next billion users to crypto and blockchain. The Universal Protocol Alliance currently includes CertiK, Blockchain at Berkeley, and Uphold.
- On November 20, 2019, the crypto industry’s first Mega Utility Token, the Universal Protocol Token (UPT), was launched on Bitcoin.com Exchange as an initial exchange listing.
- Cred joined the Board of the Blockchain Advocacy Coalition to provide education and support to state and federal legislators on the future of blockchain technology. The Blockchain Advocacy Coalition is the first of its kind to work with US government officials to increase the adoption of cryptocurrency in the United States.
In October 2019, we launched a new website and created a new blog. As we operate through a B2B2C model, the new website keeps prioritizes our partners’ and their customers. The website clearly highlights Cred works, our security and insurance qualifications, and where to get started with earning and borrowing.
The Cred team traveled around the world through a variety of speaking engagements and conference sponsorships. These conferences included Consensus in New York City, SF Blockchain Week, Blockshow Asia and Blockchain Summit Malta.
New Product Preview
In celebration of San Francisco Blockchain Week, Dan Schatt, Cred CEO and co-founder unveiled Cred Merchant Solutions, a new point-of-sale financing app utilizing the Poynt handheld terminal that supports the unbanked, underbanked and poorly banked around the world.
Cred held a private industry event to showcase to unveil Cred Merchant Solutions and drew in local elected representatives, such as Emeryville Mayor Ally Medina, Berkeley Mayor Jesse Arreguín, and Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett.