We are excited to announce the addition of Litecoin support through our CredEarn platform on Uphold. Uphold users who hold LTC are now able to earn up to 8% on the token, with interest paid every three months.
LTC is the fourth-largest cryptocurrency and is among the most popular and fastest digital assets that have stood the test of time. Founded in 2011 by Charlie Lee, according to the Litecoin website, “Litecoin is a peer-to-peer Internet currency that enables instant, near-zero cost payments to anyone in the world.” If you’re familiar with the digital currency Bitcoin, the above definition might sound similar. That’s because Litecoin is based on Bitcoin’s open-source codebase, but with a few technological differences.
Allowing LTC Holders to earn on their assets adds an incredibly powerful use case to Litecoin. Uphold users with a Litecoin wallet simply sign up for Cred, then hit Start Earning. On the first and fifteenth of every month, Cred will activate your program and interest will start to accrue on that date.
Key Features and Benefits
- Cred has comprehensive insurance coverage of any crypto-lending company through Lockton. Read more about Cred’s insurance here.
- No minimum or maximum account size needed to start earning.
- LBA holders can access premium interest rates and features like early withdrawal, no penalty (subject to availability).
- Interest is annualized and paid quarterly in USD, LBA or stablecoin.
- No monthly or hidden fees.